Saturday, January 24, 2009

Who doesn't love a little *ICING*?

I remember the first time I laid my pixel eyes on good clothing in SL. I was a lowly noob, and I had only known the freebie clothing I had gotten from various freebie stores. Well, I guess I can’t say I exactly remember the first time I saw good clothes but I sure remember whose they were!! Miko Omegamu of *ICING*, that’s who! I was awestruck, for sure. I pretty much bought everything in her store, and drooled when she had new releases. Lately she has been steadily pumping them out. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a nice selection of these items, and now I share with you. I hope you enjoy!

This one has to be my favorite design of hers ever. All Eyes On Me is an extremely gorgeous concoction of blue and green silk with an amazing peacock trailing across. It truly is stunning. The flexi feathers dance around your legs with every movement, and his head rests delicately on your shoulder. There is a small prim feather attachment that fits right on his head for that extra touch. This one can be worn as a slim pencil skirt, or a flowing flexi style. Just fabulous. For my look, I have chosen MMS Moscow Fair 3b, ETD Aiiyanna Chestnut, Detour Nails - Lacquer - Ruby, EarthStones Stoned Eyes Turquoise, Redgrave Eyelashes Minimalist and my JCNY Avalon Wedding Band. The earrings are Provoked: Night Clubbing, and shoes Stiletto Moody Pinup (Bottle Green Patent).

Next up we have Beaujolais. This baby doll dress is constructed of the finest silk ombre. The bodice begins in a soft white then melts into a deep wine color. It features a black band just below the breast for a bit of contrast, and can be worn as a pencil skirt, or a full flowing skirt. I added JCNY Stars on Fire Pendant, JCNY Classic Diamond Stud Earrings and Maitreya Slinky Stilettos - White.

The next beautiful frock is the Sequined Starlet. This design makes a great party dress with its fitted look covered in sequins. The fishtail skirt features tons of soft feathers for a nice added flair. You also get a cute little feather hat thing, and the dress is available in 4 colors: Sapphire, Ruby, Amethyst and Onyx. Again, I have on JCNY Stars on Fire Pendant and JCNY Classic Diamond Stud Earrings, but this time my shoes are Dirt Road - Lux Aeterna.

In these photos I have on 2 of her wonderful designs which are Vixen & Glam Stole. Vixen is a form fitting satin number with a nice gathered design down the front. I seriously love Miko’s shading and use of color. So exquisite, and available in Sapphire, Ruby, emerald and Onyx.. Now this Glam Stole is really something! It come with 2 ways to wear: over the shoulder, or wrapped around back. And you know what is even more cool?? It has a built in AO! So you don’t have to worry about the pieces cutting into your head, arm, back, etc. You can walk, fly, sit and stand, all with ease, and looking great. Splendid!! My jewels are Paper Couture Crystal Bloom set, and shoes Maitreya Slinky Stilettos. (I have to add this bit from Miko’s blog because it is so hilarious, I about spit my drink all over!!) Now the disclaimers: For best results, you should turn off or remove any other AOs as they may interfere with the look of the stole. Dancing in the stoles may cause your avatar to appear as if it is being attacked by 3 rabid albino raccoons.

Last, but certainly not least, we have Marilyn. Now this is a fun dress. It is, of course, crafted after the one and only Marilyn Monroe from “The Seven Year Itch“. It features a draped halter top which slithers into a lovely flowing skirt. What’s so fun about that you ask? Well, it comes with this magical grate you can rez to the ground, and when you step on it, WOOSH, the skirt blows up and you are instantly transformed into a lovely Marilyn pose with the air blowing up the skirt! It comes with two different poses and a gesture. I told you, fun! I got this one after I had done my pictures of the previous dresses so my look is a little different, I tried to go Marilyn-esque! The look is Soda Persona - Sand - The Pinup - Smokey - Red, Ingenue ~ Marilyn ~ Platinum, Detour - Faded Lashes, EarthStones Stoned Eyes Blue Calcite, Detour Nails - Lacquer - Vamp, ETD Peep Sling backs - Linen, Paper Couture Diamond Necklace Set and Marilyn Ring, gold.

No comments: